Re: [DML] RE: DeLorean HP issue again...

Re: [DML] RE: DeLorean HP issue again...

I don't think it's fair to judge the DeLoreans horsepower by just looking at the numbers, and write it off as a slow car. Until you've driven one (especially in everyday, real life conditions), you really can't make judgements on the cars performance, can you? Yes, I once thought that the DeLorean must be a really sluggish, and unispired car to drive just looking at the hp and weight numbers. However the car is surprisingly peppy, and what the engine doesn't make in power, it certainly makes up for in flexibility. My car accelerates freely up to the 6500 rpm redline, and is an extremely preditable handling car because of its power to weight ratio... I'd even say the car is nimble. By any measure, it's fun to drive, and always makes me grin when i drive it hard. I personally plan on installing DMC-Houston's exhaust system in my D, but it's not because I'm displeased with the cars performance. Instead, I just don't like the exhaust note... it simply doesn't match the cars looks.

I've worn out this example... but I'm going to cite it again. My Dad is a muscle car enthusiast (he's owned his '69 Boss 302 Mustang since he was a teen in the early '70s). He gave me absolute hell for wanting a car with only 130 hp. HOWEVER, after his first test drive in my DeLorean, he came back grinning from ear to ear telling me how fun the car was to drive... how peppy it was... and how it cruised on country roads effortlessly at 80 mph. He was genuinely impressed... and very few cars impress this man. Again, all I'm trying to say is... drive a DeLorean for 6 months... if you still are totally unsatisfied... then make drastic plans so that the car fits your needs. Until you've gotten there... give the DeLorean a chance.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115