Re:[DML}Young Owners (was DeLoreans as first cars)

Re:[DML}Young Owners (was DeLoreans as first cars)

LOL... Rich you knew I wouldn't just let that one slip by ;-) . It seems like a lot of owners have some very unfounded misconceptions about us younger counterparts. To even be a member of the DML (or DMCForum, or any other list) you have to really be a diehard DeLorean fan. One who subscribes to these lists doesn't just think the DeLorean as some "cool car" from Back to the Future. They're fascinated by it's style, history, and want to know how they operate, how to fix them... everything.

I think it's important to note that some of the most passionate owners I've come across are young ones. They're totally on fire about the car, and it shows! Two of the nicest DeLoreans I've ever seen are owned by people under 25. People like Aaron Posey who won the Concourse at Memphis, and Darren Decker won his class at Memphis. These guys have both put countless hours worth of work to get their cars into the shape they are today, and have spent a dollar or two doing it. I myself have put thousands and thousands of dollars into my DeLorean, and it will need many more thousands before I'm happy with it. What I'm trying to say is, us young owners don't take ownership lightly. Almost every spare dollar I have goes into that car, and any free weekend I have I drive 2 hours home to spend the weekend tackling the next project on my list for the car.

So I simply don't buy your suggestion that young people who buy DeLoreans trash them. I don't know of ANYONE under 25 who has bought a DeLorean and totally misused it, and left it in worse condition than it came to them in. I can't say the same for some older owners though. It seems I've come across many older owners who have simply lost interest in their cars... and don't maintain them, or even drive them anymore. Anyways... all I'm trying to say is that I think you are highly underestimating the younger DeLorean owners. Not to say that all young people are excellent drivers, and good stewards to their transportation... but I've yet to come across any young *DELOREAN* owner like that.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxx, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag