Re: [DML] Was Re: Question from an owner's wife- Now Storage

Re: [DML] Was Re: Question from an owner's wife- Now Storage

David,

Some of what you say makes sense but if you use your DeLorean regularly
throughout every summer the work involved with empting the tank, not to
mention fuel lines and such, is a waste of time IMHO. I have around 70,000
miles on my car and all the fuel tank components are original with the
exception of the fuel pump. That was changed during the first year of
ownership simply to get the newer style pump with the external check valve.
I opened the tank this spring and examined the boot, baffel and hoses. They
look fine. My neighbor who does a talk radio program about car maintainance
along with a weekly newspaper column covering the same subject has also done
this same storage proceedure for years with his cars. If you have a reason to
think your car may end up stored longer than about 6 months your advice is
sound but otherwise I think it's a complete waste of time.

Bruce Benson