Was Re: Question from an owner's wife- Now Storage

Was Re: Question from an owner's wife- Now Storage

The main point I tried to make is even with the best of intentions
many cars that were "supposed" to be stored "temporaraly" end up being
stored long term. That isn't how it starts out but that is how it ends
up. For all the damage that can be avoided I just think draining is
the way to go. It isn't too hard to do or take very long if you have a
fluid extractor. The fuel you remove doesn't go to waste, you just put
it into another car that you are using. I agree that here is some
danger involved in the transfer of gasoline but it can be done safely
with the right equipment and procedure. Also as I said it allows you a
look into a very important hidden area of the car. You can inspect the
condition of the parts in the tank and look for water, dirt, and any
other contaminates. If you have a particular preference and it works
for you keep doing it. As for me I will remove the battery and the
fuel whenever I store the car for the winter and I recomend other
owners to also do it as long as they can drain the fuel safely.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757