Re: Question from an owner's wife

I am behind Bruce's statements 100%. Please tell your husband
we thank him for his service to our country. I also think we
can go one step further with assistance in this case, so if
you let us know the city/state where the Delorean is being
garaged (stored) maybe someone from the DML could make a trip
out to get the car started and running, and possibly make some
arrangements to check on the car for you, every few months, to
make sure the vehicle is given regular "exercise".

A minimum schedule should be at least every 6 - 8 weeks and I
would disconnect the battery between these startup sessions if
there is an existing power draw on the battery causing a dead
battery within a few weeks or months.

Let us know if we can be of any futher assistance.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, abatt10347@xxxx wrote:
> I would have a friend take the battery out and have it charged and
put back
> in the car. The battery is located behind the passenger seat. Just
lift up the
> carpet flap and remove the cover. Battery may or may not have a tie
down strap
> on it. It takes a small seat of hands to get into the compartment
but it can
> be done. You need to find out from your husband what he did before
leaving
> overseas to get the car ready for storage. Did he add stabol or
something like it
> to the tank to keep the gas from getting old? After you have the
battery
> charged set up a schedule to start it at least once every couple of
weeks. I know
> others will post on this topic but this is what I would (and have)
done. If I