Re: [DML] white smoke

Lee,

I just went thru my twin turbo package and found two issues that could produce what you experienced. First I found a large puddle of oil in the bottom of an intercooler that was large enough to produce the amount of smoke you described. With use it would have consumed itself. Second, there were significant kinks in the turbo oil return lines that probably were not allowing the oil to drain away from the turbos fast enough. This restriction places excess pressure on the shaft seal and will cause the turbo seal to "leak". If this is the problem than rebuilding the turbos will not correct the problem. Make sure the drain tube is clear and able to flow back to the pan freely, without producing any backpressure inside the turbo.

Don Ekhff
6543