Re: white smoke

White smoke generally means coolant is getting into the combustion
chambers. There are several things you can do. Pull the spark plugs
and look for signs of water. Put a pressure tester on and see if any
of the cylinders get water in. There is a combustion gas tester you
can use on the coolant to see if you are leaking into the coolant.
This usually happens if the motor gets overheated. You could be lucky
and only blew one head gasket, not both but the safest way to go is to
replace both. If the motor really cooked you might have to pull the
liners and replace the seals too. Look at the oil, see if it is milky
or the level is too high. Not good to run the motor like this, you
could do further damage.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Meyerleem@xxxx wrote:
> I just had my IHI turbos rebuilt and replaced them this week. The
car had been sitting for about a year but started right up. Fresh oil new
plugs etc. After running for a few minutes it started blowing white smoke out
both pipes.