Re: Strange noise in enginebay

Check the two idler pulley bearings on the "vee" belt going to the A/C
compressor. You can actually remove the belt and run the motor. If the
noise goes away turn the pulleys by hand. They should turn smoothly
with no noise. The bearings in the pulleys can be replaced. Another
more expensive possability is the water pump. The bearings in it can
go bad and that will require replacement of the water pump. Exhaust
noises usually don't come and go, they just get worse slowly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757