Re: [DML] Re: Online pictiorial procedures for regular maint.

Re: [DML] Re: Online pictiorial procedures for regular maint.

I have anticipated those concerns as problem. It is quite a large task just maintaining te car, let alone document it.

As for the server space and picture resolution for dial up folks ill take a look at what could be possible to do.

Obviously there would have to be volunteers to do this one peron alone could not. A standard could however be set as to picture resolution and content. Or even better, the person can just submit the large resolution pictures and an unformatted instructional. where a volunteer could bring it to the web site standard and submit it to an official list.

Yes i imagine digital cameras would be most effective here. I have a new sony one. Ill make some sort of QUICK example and post it. Ill send the link out to the DMCNEWS site

thanx

Jordan

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
This is a great idea, who is going to do it? It is a lot of work just
fixing the car, even more to document it like you suggest. I think it
would take a collaberative effort of a mechanic doing the work and
someone whose job is just to take the pictures and do the web work. On
some of the simpler tasks it is already being done, just look at
Dave's tech tip on the door solenoids. It was a lot of work for a
relatively simple job. It also depends on the level of detail. Many
procedures assume some basic knowledge. It also will tax the web
server's resources, pictures take up a lot of room and with dial-up
connections it takes a long time to download.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207"

moderators@xxxx