DOA: End of the line.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
<SNIP>
> got a reply about my recent post on the DML from Henry Breer who is
> Director in the DOA. I am trying to put the e-mail up so everyone
can
> see EXACTLY how he replied and the tone that was used. My restating
it
> wouldn't have the same effect as seeing it for yourself. Interesting
> that he didn't reply on the DML but SOMEONE is watching us!
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

Of course someone is watching. After all, remember a few years ago
when the DOA tried to initiate a lawsuit against James Espy for
starting this list? Unlike many other DML members, I don't forgive
and forget so soon. While the restoration on my car hasn't been as
easy as I first anticipated, I give credit to this list, and it's
members for helping me out, and GREATLY simplfying the experience
(against popular advice, I learned car repair on my own car! :P). So
I am not happy about the fact that this great resource here was damn
near taken away from both myself, and others. That does not make me a
happy camper. And even though I do agree that the DOA has been a
great resource for the DeLorean in the past in the form of technical
information, and communications, it can't hold a candle to the DML in
both information distribution, and innovation in both continuing the
marque, as well as nurturing it's evolution both in the recent past,
and in the years to come. Truly, the DML is a place by it's
subscribers, and for it's subscribers.

Over the past few years, I have not had a good relationship with DOA
board directors myself. I've been challenged to show up to a board
meeting, and when I accepted, my subsequent e-mails were ignored. And
god forbid in one board member's case when I had something that he
wanted. Once word got back to him that I might have some information
on his car, he IMMEDIATLY e-mailed me to get the details. And after
that, no contact ever again. Now I don't know if the information was
of any help or not, but in any case, I know for a fact that he's on
the list. So you're genuinely welcome.

To Nick Pitello: If you think that D-1 is rude over the phone, try
showing up in person some time. Before I got my car, I decided to
show up to D-1 in person. After a rude welcome from "Special Ed's"
wife, Mille, my mother and I were shooed off the property. Yeah,
great way to welcome people into the marque.

And as far as deactivating e-mail accounts in an attempt to stop
board members from recieving SPAM, please! SPAM now adays is
practicly unstoppable! Especially now when most SPAMMers use
dictionary attacks on almost every ISP's servers!. So I too am not
buying that excuse. But on the flip side, if you do a WHOIS lookup on
the domain, you'll get what appear to be a few boardmembers home
telephone #'s. So perhaps you could contact them that way...

All things must come to an end. And the DOA is no exception. Yes, it
really helped the DeLorean out for many years, but it's time is now
over. It's own boadmembers have cause it to collapse. Individual,
regional clubs both here stateside, and abroad, with the DML as a
meeting point have now become THE way for everyone to communicate.
They are the best to know what the needs, and desires of their club
members are. NOT a national club. If the DeLorean Owner's Association
is to continue, then it's only successful capacity shall be as a
regional club for Southern California. It can never become the giant
that it once was, nor should it be.

Just as it's initials state, the DOA is now D.O.A.!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"