Re: [DML] Re: Digest Number 1520

Ten years ago, when I was first shopping for a DeLorean, a good friend and loyal Porsche
enthusiast tried to talk me out of it. He showed me a copy of Porsche Panorama, the
Porsche Club of America's magazine. "Just look at Porsche's loyal following," he said,
"Do you think someone publishes a magazine for DeLoreans? I doubt it."

It sure seemed like he had a point. Who would make a magazine devoted to just 8,500
cars? (a figure I believed at the time)

When I discovered DeLorean World I was greatly encouraged. In fact, if the DOA and
DeLorean World didn't exist I would not have bought a DeLorean, nor would I have gotten
involved in the DeLorean community.

Fast forward to 2003. By some strange twist, today I can subscribe to FOUR different
DeLorean magazines at the same time! All of them have color pictures and look just as
impressive on my coffee table as Porsche Panorama. In fact, DW's evolution into a
lifestyle magazine makes it seem less redundant.

I plan to subscribe to all four, just because I can!

Frankly, I don't expect all four magazines to last. One year of all four would cost $72
+ $36 + 27.50 + $48 = 183.50. That includes DOA membership and half of a two year
subscription to DeLorean Car Show magazine. That's almost enough to pay for a new water
pump, or an original copy of Stainless Steel Illusion, or three nights at the Smoky
Shadows Motel in Pigeon Forge.

I doubt that there are enough DeLorean enthusiasts who share my view to support so many
magazines. But as long as this wild orgy of DeLorean publishing keeps going, I'll hang
on and enjoy the ride.

- Mike Substelny