My no start situation...

This is the second time this has happened to me. I parked my car
outside overnight and it rained/misted. Today when I tried to start my
car, it would not start (at least I fixed the roof leaks :-) ) but
there was gas getting to the motor. This has happened to me before and
I thought the hose in the fuel tank was poping up above the fuelline
so I shook the car, tried to start it again and started. I figured
this because I was low fuel -This time I am also low fuel but I
checked the hoses in the tank. I know there is fuel getting to the
motor, it is just a matter of flooding it in order to find out. Given
that there is fuel going to the motor, it is obvious that the
electical system is faulty here. I checked over all wires in the
engine compartment, cleaned everything, nothing was wet it seemed. The
alternator is rebuilt with new brushes only a few weeks ago now, so I
know its not that. The car starts/runs fine any other time its resting
in the rain. Now, my question is-does anyone have any advice to
prevent this from happening, is there a point of entry where water can
get to any electronics and cause this that I am just missing? To
clarify, I checked all fuses, all relays, and electical connections
within the engine compartment such as resistor etc. Thank you all very
much.