Front noises

Dear List,
Over the last few days my car has been making this really annoying
humming noise. The noise is not there when I am starting up but
continues when I am driving. The gear shift vibrates and the noise
sounds like bees are humming around in the front. Is this a cooling
fan and how can I fix it?
Thanks,
Kramer