Re: DeLorean Engine Options.

If the VR6 designed such that it can only be transversly placed in
the engine bay, then Jim is correct in saying that serious
modifications would be required to install the VR6 into a DeLorean.
If you would like to consider another engine with similar
specifications and manufactured by the same automotive group of
Audi/Porsche/VW, then I suggest the engine from the Audi A4 3.0.
This engine is longitudinally placed in the engine bay and with the
correct adaptor should mate quite well to the Renault R30
transmission. The engine specs (www.audiusa.com) are:

Aluminum 3.0 liter V6 with variable intake manifold, DOHC with 5
valves per cylinder, continuous camshaft adjustment and hydraulic
lifters
Displacement: 3.0 liters (182 cu. in.)
Bore: 3.25 in.
Stroke: 3.65 in.
Compression ratio: 10.1:1
Horsepower (SAE net): 220 @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 221 lb/ft @ 3200 rpm

In a previous post I mentioned Unicap Transmission Adaptors
(http://www.pnc.com.au/~bill/Transmission.html). According to their
web site they make transmission adaptors for "RENO:VOLVO: ALLOY V6,
P.R.V" engine (and other engines) as well as various Porsche and VW
transmissions. If they are familiar with the PRV6 engine and Porsche
transmissions, then it is probably a safe assumption that they can
make an adaptor that will mate the Audi 3.0 engine with the Renault
R30 transmission.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson
Member of the Board of Directors - American Hydrogen Association
(www.clean-air.org)
Member - Arizona DeLorean Club (www.az-d.org)
captainhydrogen@xxxx

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
wrote:
> The VR6 has a transaxle. The cylinders are lines up
latitudinally. It