Ignorance is Dangerous (From: Critical Engine Failure)

Ignorance is Dangerous (From: Critical Engine Failure)

A gearhead friend of mine called and asked how the DeLorean was
coming. I told him I blew headgaskets and a crank seal. He
recommended that I check the PCV valve. Right. We know of course,
that the PRV-6 doesn't use one as such.

Brother Maynard, please quote from the Book of De Lorean won't you?

Section D, Chapter 06:03 verses 4 a and b:

...and the Lord spake, saying "a plugged orifice in the cold start
valve air tube or plugged hose that connects the oil fill cap to the
air tube would cause excessive pressure build up withing the
crankcase resulting in possible oil seal and/or gasket damage. Thou
shalt not allow the oil fill cap to get clogged or plug it or the
cold start valve air tube Lest thy blow thine engine to tiny bits".

I did not understand this at the time, and while searching for vacuum
leaks found that the oil fill cap was not connected to the cold start
tube. I was tired and had a brain cramp thinking this could be the
source of a vacuum leak and PLUGGED IT. So I blew my own engine up. I
think. I was wondering WHY the crank seal would blow along with the
head gasket.

If anyone reading this has a different reason for why these things
blew out and that I may not have been responsible drop me a line.

Thanks,

Rich
#5335 -MD