Door launchers

The Dakota Digital actuators (made by Ball) use very little current
and use of the existing spare wiring is not a problem. Darryl is
correct, installed and adjusted correctly these will last a very long
time. Mine have over a year of hard use without a single failure. The
wiring isn't all that difficult, just a little work. It's best to
adjust everything in the door properly while you're in there. For the
guy who asked about a replacement alarm, I recommend the Crimestopper
Super Rage or CS available cheap on Ebay. It's a combo remote
start/alarm/keyless entry unit that I specifically chose after
analyzing the cars wiring. It intergrates easily if your handy with
electrical work and provides long range operation of all fucntions in
one box. I'd also point out that an interlock to prevent door opening
while the engine is running is a very good thing to have if you drive
with the doors unlocked. I can tell you an easy way to do that and
still open the door from afar after a remote start.

I'll be happy to to offer details of my system to anyone who asks.