RE: door launchers

<<Dan's only caution was to NOT use any existing wiring.
Run a separate wire to the actuators. They draw a
bunch of current. Dan felt that the reason the long
promised Zilla door launchers had not yet hit the
streets was because of Bob's insistence that no wiring
be changed; ie, plug & play.>>

Since I've probably sold and installed more of these than anyone else I guess I
need to once again correct the misinformation being repeated. Remote door
openers (not "launchers" - this isn't NASA) are fairly easy to install but the
wiring is a little tricky. There is absolutely no reason to run separate
wires - there are actually two ways to wire them using existing wiring, and
motorized actuators draw very little current, unlike heavy solenoids. As for
which actuators, the PD-1 from Dakota Digital or similar from Auto-loc work
great. And in spite of what others claim the failure rate in some 15 years of
selling them is ZERO! Not one failure or complaint. Why Bob Z. endlessly
postpones and insists on using solenoids, with their added weight and high
current draw, is beyond me. These work, and have been available for years. I
have kits on my website, but to be honest anyone with a little ingenuity can do
it yourself with off-the-shelf parts. And in my semi-retired-from-DeLorean
state I'm losing interest in supplying them. I will, however, supply
instructions for $15.00 postage included.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
delorean-parts.com