Re: Gas Quark

Willie - Assuming that the the leak is up front, rather than back near
the engine, and the filler tube has not come loose, I would guess that
the rubber boot and cover that hold your fuel pump are probably
cracked and deteriorated. The boot sits in gas all the time, and the
rubber eventually gets damaged from that exposure, and the rubber or
plastic cover seems to get disturbed or damaged on many cars, which
can lead to water getting into the fuel pump area, or gas getting out,
after it has leaked into the boot. The area that I am talking about
can be accessed through the inspection panel at the rear of the spare
tire well in front. This can be a dangerous situation, so I would
recommend that you make it a top priority.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1