Re: Gas Leak

I consider myself the foremost authority on leaks with this car....I
have fixed fuel leaks, coolant leaks, brake fluid leaks and freon
leaks......The answer to your question is that I need more info....If
it only happens when you fill up that is one thing, if it happens
when you are back home or driving it is another...I am guessing that
you are overflowing at the main gas hose that leads into the
tank....I never over fill the car and often because of the angle of
the hose the pump cuts off 5 times while I am pumping gas.....

Inside the bonnet remove both panels and look for the leak.... If you
do this at the gas station away from the pumps it will be open and
ventilated....do you smell gas when you are driving??? looking under
the car can be misleading because the leak may be traveling down the
frame.....I live in MD, not far from you.....let us know what you
find. The most important thing is to find out what it is now. Do not
mess around when it comes to gas.

Mike C
2109