Starting from scratch (from "critical engine failure")

Starting from scratch (from "critical engine failure")

For those of you who remember that article... Based on all the advice
I've received, I'm operating on the assumption that I've blown a head
gasket. (Coolant mixed with oil & a vacuum leak that I can't find).

People told me to find the source of the leaking fluid mix. I've
removed the intake, and crawled all over the engine. No fluid is
leaking from the head/block mating surfaces, dipstick tube, oil pan
plug or gasket. The source appears to be from the rear crank seal,
but I haven't split the engine from the transmission to check yet.

I am also operating on the advice that these blocks very rarely
crack. This engine only has 22K on it, and it sat for many years so I
believe it. I intend to yank the engine and just rebuild it. I am on
a budget however. I intend to get the engine recondition kit #102565
from delorean.com, bearings and rings. Since the miles are low I'm
not going to do the chains and sprockets.

My question: Are there any other "must have" items that aren't in
that kit, that I need before I start this?

Thanks.

Rich
#5335-MD