Battery Light "glowing"

Hi all,
I tried searching for this in the archives but got so many hits containing anything with the words light or battery my head was spinning.

Suddenly I realized my battery light was dimly lit while driving. Not sure how long because I only drive it on bright sunny days and the light is hidden behind the steering wheel. It comes on brightly with the engine off and the ignition on as it should. However just barely glows at an idle and gets brighter as you rev the engine. I checked as many connections as I could get to - battery, relays, fuses etc. all are tight and no changes while jiggling the wires. A volt meter across the battery reads 13.5 while the engine is running so I'm not too worried because it's charging the battery. There are virtually no add-ons like alarms or radio etc.
Any suggestions? The book points to Alternator or regulator. Oh, and the belt is tight.
Thanks for your help,
Tony Pistachio
#10781 STSSTEEL
Wappingers Falls, NY