Re: [DML] STILL running a little rich...??

Re: [DML] STILL running a little rich...??

Andy,

This was the exact same symptom on 6683 (was Rich's, now Mark's). Provided
the CPR is functioning properly, it might be the mixture. Turns out, it was
just flooding a bit at start-up. I'll bet if you rev the engine up past
that "choking point" and hold it for a few seconds, the problem will go
away faster. After Marty backed the mixture off a bit, the problem went
away.

I'll let Marty or Rich jump in here. Will you at the Midwest Connection
tech day this year? --I'm sure there's a place near there that could
analyze the mixture.

Something to consider, anyway.

Jake Kamphoefner

<snip>
> my only complaints NOW are:
> 1. i'm barely getting 12 mpg in town (mostly on city streets, not much
> highway). i have a manual and i don't abuse it. any ideas?
> 2. when i start the car cold in the morning and don't let it warm up, the
car
> starts to sputter around 2500-3000 RPM no matter what gear you are in.
this
> continues for only 2 or 3 blocks. extremely short lived problem, but
happens
> almost every time. why?
> 3. when i start the car cold, it still smells kinda rich, but not nearly
as
> bad as it did when the timing was off. is this normal or should i not be
> able to smell the exhaust? once the car is warm, the exhaust is almost
> non-existant.
>
> as suggested in previous posts, i have checked all vacuum lines - good.
> throttle - good. three brass screws - seated. cold start valve does NOT
> leak when warm. vacuum is present at the proper places when hot/cold, and
not
> present when it shouldn't be. timing? good now (set to factory specs).
ALL
> ignition parts are about a year old.
>
> here are a couple things to consider - i have a cat eliminator pipe,
accell
> performance coil, K&N air filter. might make a difference?
>
> the only thing i haven't done that i can think of is get the fuel/air
mixture
> professionally checked. there are no shops in my area that have the
> equipment. is this the final task?
<snip>