Re: Temperature Guage help

The sender unit on the front right side of the engine does ground the
wire from the gauge. It does this internaly to the metal of the engine
and varies the resistance proportionaly to the temperature of the
engine. The first thing to do would be to make sure the wire is still
attached to the sender but if you haven't been in that area my guess
is the problem is under the dashboard and not the sender unit on the
motor. If the wire is attached a "quick and dirty" test is to, with
the key on, have someone watch the guage and just touch the wire to
ground for a second and see if the gauge responds. If it doesn't then
the problem is either the wire or the guage. If it does move then the
problem is either a loose connection to the sender or a bad sender. DO
NOT GROUND THE WIRE FOR TOO LONG, IT WILL BURN UP THE GUAGE!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii@xxxx>