Temperature Guage help

I just got done checking my fuel pump circuit and ended up replacing
the fuel pump... I was stuck on the side of the road, so I had
checked both the inertia switch and the pump relay. both of which
eneded up being fine... as once I got home I found that I had power
at the pump.

But I get everything in the rat's nest behind my passenger seat, and
everything under the dash and at the pump put back together... but
now my Temperature guage is pegged straigtt down. Apparently my
coolant is -80 degrees... perhaps that's too cold :P

My thought is that's it's either come unplugged at the sender or at
some point in between. Looking at my miniscule wiring diagram it
looks likes it's gounnded right after the guage... am I reading that
right? Where is it grounded? And where is the sender? Is it the one
on the block on the passeger side near the hot water valve?

Any suggestions on where to check? what to do?
thanks!!!
James L 004009