Re: [DML] Digest Number 1462

Do not affix the mirror to the windscreen without an expansion pad! I know
because when a "shade tree" replaced my windscreen several years ago he
merely glued the old mirror to the new glass. Result? It cracked of
course! The pad serves as an expansion joint allowing for hot and cold
expansion compensating for different media characteristics. So just install
the thing with the pad and you should be alright. Good luck

Bobby Mims
Tyler, Texas

> I am getting ready to affix a new mirror button to my new DMC
windshield. The glass arrived with a small foam pad that warns that I
should use it when I affix the new button. The rest of the
rearward-looking world just sticks the thing directly to the glass
with adhesive made for the purpose. Is there a dark secret about DMC
glass we should know about? The pad is not self-adhesive and can't be
used to actually stick the button on. Has anyone actually used one of
these? I would appreciate someone shedding some light on the best way
of affixing a mirror to the windshield.