From: BDM [mailto:bmims1@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 11:00 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Digest Number 1462

Do not affix the mirror to the windscreen without an expansion pad! I
know
because when a "shade tree" replaced my windscreen several years ago he
merely glued the old mirror to the new glass. Result? It cracked of
course! The pad serves as an expansion joint allowing for hot and cold
expansion compensating for different media characteristics. So just
install
the thing with the pad and you should be alright. Good luck

Bobby Mims

Tyler, Texas