Re: [DML] Re: Fire in the engineroom.

Robert and group. 100% correct to replace the copper washers. That's why I
carry a complete set and types of copper washers and 7mm hardware. They are
hard to find and even I have to order a lot from Germany where the 7mm screws
are made.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< So, whenever you work on the fuel system, and it involves anything
where you have to remove a bolt, then you'll need to replace the
copper washers with brand new ones. Whats interesting about this is
that Pep-Boys, nor any other auto supply store that I've been to
carry the washers. Niether do BOSCH suppliers, however, they do sell
aluminium washers that fit and function just fine. I've used them on
my car with no problem at all. What the difference is (besides the
price to make them, I'm sure), I've no idea.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"