Re: Idle Problem

You have to look at the throttle linkage and make sure it is actually
returning to idle and tripping the idle micro. It is easy to do. With
the engine OFF rotate the throttle spool under the cover plate (if you
have the throttle recall) and watch the arm atached to the throttle
plates by the micro switch. When you release the throttle spool it
should consistanly hit the micro switch. I am guessing the throttle
cable is binding and not letting it return fully to idle. Make sure
any floor mats are not interfering with the pedal. You can also
increase the spring pressure by moving the end of the spring inside
the throttle spool to the next spot. You could also try lubricating
the cable as per the throttle recall. Inspect the wiring to make sure
it isn't geting caught by any linkage preventing it from getting to idle.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757