Re: My MCD Still leaking water

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jason Jones" <jason@xxxx> wrote:
> A few monhs ago I asked some advice on my D's passenger side floor
pan that
> had about a gallon of water from a recent rain/snow storm. From your
> suggestions I spend another $1000 and replaced all the weather seal
around
> the doors,
<SNIP>
I inspected all the head liner and
> there is no dampness or water marks and after my thorough job on the
door
> jams I can not see how it would be coming from there. This is
getting very
> depressing as now once again I have my seat and carpet removed and being
> dried again. Does anyone know of any other potential
vulnerabilities or
> places that I can check?
>
> Thanks
> Jason

At the bottom of the windshield is the fresh air intake for the blower
motor. It's a chambered design that will allow fresh air to flow in
from the top, but will allow any water to drain out from the bottom,
onto the top of the gas tank. Chances are that it's the drain plug at
the bottom that is causing you problem, because it's probably plugged
up. This I know because I had the same exact problem with my car when
I first got it.

There can also be a problem with the seal for the boot in the passener
side foot well, where the A/C and heater lines enter into the
passenger compartment. But this only occurs while driver (water kicked
up by the wheel), and wouldn't allow THAT much water inside.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"