Re: [DML] Re: Aftermarket car stereos

A few things.. I did this last summer, and put together this page with the radio harness info for both Craig and ASI radios for anyone who might go through the same thing:

http://www.eskin.net/radioharness.html

Second, as Dave mentioned, you can not use the common ground for the speakers - my Alpine head unit didn't work very well until I separated the grounds for each speaker - so it's unlikely you'll be able to install any new radio without cutting some wires. I used the old harness for most of the power and some speaker connections, but had to run some other direct from the new radio harness as well.

Third, if you don't want to cut your existing bracket, and you don't want to bother with painting the DMCH DIN bracket, give Rob Grady a call - he'll take a NOS bracket and cut it to exactly fit your mounting sleeve. Or, if you want to send him your old one, he'll probably cut that one and return it to you for a lower cost.

-Hank