Re: [DML] Re: Power dip and fan fail problems

Re: [DML] Re: Power dip and fan fail problems

Group,

The fuse extension that Travis made will fix the melted fuse because the wire
acts as a heat sink if you don't cut it short. But the question is, what
caused it. Which fuse was it? What ever the problem is will continue and may
cause another problem down the line.

As far as the cooling fans.Yes they draw a lot of current when they come on
for a millisecond or two. But the fans running longer or not cycling or wired
to run all the time never gives the wire any cooling time and hence the wire
melts or gets so hot it's on the border of melting. I have had two calls in
the last two weeks on factory original fan fail jumpers melting and causing a
fire in the relay compartment. If you want to avoid this problem I would
advise you re evaluate the factory jumper and consider another product.

I am installing a Thermal circuit breaker on the Fan Fix for the melt down
problem.
If your interested in this feature please email. John@xxxxx

John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com

<<
I recently had the lovely melted fuse box but I repaired it with the pig
tail. At the same time the relay/fan fix had melted, but it is now repaired.

My guess is the fans cycling. That seems to make the most sense. I will
listen for the fans during long distance driving at night and see if that is
indeed the cause.