Re: aluminum coolant pipes

The entire area around the pinhole is going to be too thin to weld due
to the corrosion. The choices are to weld a patch over the area of the
leak or replacement of the pipe. Another possability is if you go to
the auto parts store maybe they can find you a hose that has a bend in
it like the one you have but is a little longer so you can go over the
spot. Since you have found 1 spot you should remove ALL hoses and
clean the corrosion from all pipes. This happens because the coolant
gets old and turns acidic and attacks the aluminum. It also indicates
the hoses are old and need to be replaced. Ther is no easy fix because
of the pressure that must be contained.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757