Re: Exhaust stud removal

To get out stubborn exhaust hardware you need A LOT of heat. You have
to get the parts up to dull cherry red and you can only do that with
an acetelyne welding torch. As soon as you get the stud red you lock
your vise grips on as tight as you can and it should turn although it
may take the threads out with it! If you just can't get a grip on it
you could weld a nut to the stud (oversize if you have to, it doesn't
have to thread on) and use a wrench once you heat it up. As when using
a torch on the motor take precautions not to damage anything with the
heat like hoses and wires. STAY AWAY FROM ANY FUEL LINES. Remove them
if you have to and have someone stand by with a fire extiguisher. When
replacing use Never-Seize on all of the hardware.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "schab932000" <schab932000@xxxx>