Cooling System Fans

One of my fan motors is not running even though it has power and turns freely
by hand. Can anyone direct me to info on how best to remove the motor to
test it and perhaps check / replace the brushes? My workshop manual does not
seem to have any info about this. Am I missing some pages? Hope to meet
some of you at the Mid Atlantic Spring Social in April.

Dave
6530

ps I am still looking to find a door lock module connector. If anyone has
one please let me know. By the way I found that the mystery connector under
my ignition ballast resistor goes to an "extra" 9 pin red connector inside
the coil cover box. It is not plugged into anything. Does anyone know why
it is there? Was it for diagnostic purposes? (Hey I think it is the same
size as the door lock module! But I don't want to cannibalize it.)