Re: [DML] 1 BAR = 14.7 PSI

Can anyone verify that the struts are actually 2400 psi..

I find this difficult to believe. However, if one has ever had to lift up the door without the strut I would estimate about 50 -60 lbs. of dead weight. The other weight is handled by the torsion bar.

Now the strut is attached at a shorter radius, so this would multiply the force by about 3 to 1 so the struct may be exerting a force of 100 lbs.

The area of the piston inside the strut is about 0.5 square inch. so this would make it about 200 psi. Now compressing this about 10 to 1 this would make 2000 psi.

What this means is that an adjustable door strut may be possible because you pressurize it when it is fully extended.

BOB