Re: Fw:---Wheel Bearing Failure

I too have experienced considerable wheel bearing failures, mostly
the front, over the years, especially on a car that I didn't drive
that much and often put away right after I washed it.

Investigation disclosed that water was remaining in the space behind
the plastic wheel cap and getting into the bearings. I experimented
with various fixes until I discovered a similar wheel setup on
another car (I don't remember the type) where the wheels had groves
cut into the backing for just that purpose - to let water out. It is
a permanent fix. Keeping the water out has led to no bearing
failures in a long time now.

Harold McElraft - 3354