Fw:

Press >

Tilley EV Demo Skids on Wheel Bearing Failure
Review of aborted demonstration of Carl Tilley's electric vehicle with endless charger on board at Nashville Superspeedway Sept. 7, 2002.

Press Release
Sept. 8, 2002 1:35 am MST

by Sterling D. Allan

Anticipating 10,000 spectators to see his "back to the future" DeLorean converted to an electric car with endless charger, inventor Carl Tilley met with massive disappointment when a wheel bearing gave out after a few warm-up laps Saturday, Sept. 7 at the 80,000-seat Nashville Superspeedway, attended by a meager 200 people, mainly consisting of regional die hard fans of alternate energy technologies.

"DeLorean's are notorious for this," commented a DeLorean owner in attendance. "I had two bearings go out in one month once."