[no subject]

[Moderator Note: Subject line changed by moderator for easier back issue reference. - Mike Substelny, DML moderator team]

Kayo,

I will not be offering it for sale and even if I did it would not be
plug and play. It was designed as an add on to my off the shelf
system. Since the combo alarm/remote start/keyless entry unit I
choose was not designed to include built in door launching (but had
the aux outputs I was looking for), it was the only part needed that
had to be built. It's simple enough though and is combined with the
easily available minature relays needed to power the door actuators.

As for interfacing it with the LockZilla I'm assuming you're refering
to Bob's soon to come door launching module. Without knowing how it's
executed I couldn't answer that, I'd have to see one. In short, your
asking me to design onto a device that has not been released yet.
Since Bob's gadget will be plug and play there is no way for me to
know exactly what he's done. (Fwiw, I earlier designed a system that
used the same wiring as the door solenoids but discarded it because I
needed new wires in the door for other reasons.)

You could simply interlock when the ignition is on but then you
couldn't open a door after a remote start. I will however be glad to
tell you a very simple method of interlocking such a circuit using
an "and" function of ignition on and key in. This prevents door
launching when the ignition is on using the key but still allows
launching your doors with the ignition on after a remote start, if
you're so equipped. It will require slight work on the cars wiring,
not altering it per say, just tapping into two wires. I'd also need
to know exactly what you have installed if that time comes. This is
much simpler than speed sensing as the D has no easy way to sense
speed. (Mine works off my remoted governor electronics.)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I seriously doubt Bob would
market a launching setup that didn't incorporate some form of safety
to prevent your car's doors from flying open at speed. It was a
design criterion of mine from the beginning and I was just fooling
around. I'm sure the Zilla unit will have some logic in it to handle
that issue.

>>I am interested in your "interlocking unit" and I would like to add
this device to my DeLorean. Will you be marketing this unit for
sales??? If you do, can this unit be added in conjunction with the
LockZilla or do I have to replace it completely with yours? Will
your unit be "plug and play?" Or will it have to be a "project" to
install it???<<