Re: dead temperature gauge

I would first check the wire to the sender unit on the front of the
motor on the right side. I does get knocked off when you work in that
area. I know the dipstick for the auto trans is on the left but maybe
somehow you knocked it off besides it is pretty easy to check before
tearing apart the dash.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <eric@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey Everyone
>
> I have a strange problem- my temperature gauge is dead. To describe
it best, the needle is in the 5 o'clock position. The needle jumps a
bit when I turn the key from Off to On, but doesn't move as the car is
running. This happened today after I did a few little jobs to the car.

> Here's the last few things I did to the car, maybe someone will see
my mistake- 1) I removed the carpet that was blocking my driver-side
floor vent and tucked it underneath the vent 2) I just fixed my
speedometer, which consisted of replacing the wheel cap and oiling the
cable 3) I checked my fluids (automatic transmission).

> I have a feeling I've jerked something loose under the dashboard
trying to rearrange the carpet, but I wouldn't know where to begin. If
anyone has any insight on this one, I'd be much appreciative.