Re: [DML]More questions from the new guy. :-)

Re: [DML]More questions from the new guy. :-)

Let's first assume that everything is in working order and is
origional. The first 2 systems I would do would be brakes and cooling.
Flush the brake fluid with Castrol DOT 4 GTLMA. Next would be to
replace every hose and seal on the cooling system including the belts,
idler pulley bearings and water pump. Maybe even the radiater. I would
also go over the electrical system for the cooling system like the fan
motors, fuses, switches, and Fanzilla (replacing the fan fail relay or
the bypass whichever is there). You will also probably be doing a
strut kit just so you don't hit your head all the time. You should
also at least inspect the Trailing Arm Bolts and consider replacing
them.
If you could just get a "line of credit" loan on your house it would
be a much better and easier deal then trying to do it just on the car
alone. Insurance is really tough to answer, it depends on how you use
it and what state you live in. If you wind up with limited classic
insurance it could be in the $300 range.
Visit DMCNEWS.COM and go the the FAQ page for more info.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Bowie" <wbowie@xxxx> wrote:
> What mechanical issues should I consider top priority when
considering
> purchasing another D? Safety and reliability first...what should
always be
> replaced if it is original equipment?
>
> Is financing a Delorean a good idea?
> What are average insurance rates like? I'm 33 and have no traffic
record.

> What are the most annoying common failures on Deloreans? i.e.
electrical,