Non-DeLorean Question: Bricklin.

***** Moderator's Note *****
Please respond directly to Robert.

***** Mike G. Moderator of the week

I know that there are some here on the list who also own Bricklins,
so I wanted to ask a quick question about them since I can't find any
active discussion groups on them.

In a nutshell, I found one for sale. It's a high vin, Safty
White '75. The car was collateral for a personal loan to a friend
that never paid the guy back. When he took posesion of it, the
chassis, suspension, steering, brakes, and underbody have all been
blasted, recoated, rebulit, and has been entirely reassembled. So he
has a complete rolling chassis. The body panels are all there as
well, but have not been installed. The engine and the tranny are both
in questionable shape (although he is not familiar with the car, he
believes that while still a Ford, the motor is NOT original), and the
interior is completly missing (the current owner believes that the
old owner still has them). Plus there are some other misc. parts as
well. I haven't seen the car in person yet (I would have to before I
could even consider making a decision). But the owner wants $650 for
everything to get it out of the garage.

I hate posting "newbie-esqe" questions like this, because I normally
try to research any vehicle I buy throughly first. But since this
seems to be so on the fly, I thought that I might ask others here who
might have some experience in this realm.

Ideas on what to look for, and/or what are common problem areas that
I should look for? And if there are missing peices that I need to
replace, which ones are key to the car. I.e. expensive/irreplaceable?

Thanks in advance, and please reply off-list. Thanks!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"