Windshield piller repair

I would like some advice as to the best way to take out the warp that occurs
on the piller molding next to the inside of the windshield. It is the upper
most edge on the big flat side that has pulled out on both sides. I have
seen the phenominon on other cars but never seen a writeup on the repair. I
do not have a broken windshield and so am hesitent to pull it just for this.
It is however not obvious how one would ever get adhesive behind it and
pulling it might to more harm than good.

Also I seem to remember a recomendation for getting some of the
discoloration out of the vinyl (grey). I am currrently concidering
recolorizing the entire interior as a way to get it fresh feeling again. I
certainly will be filling and painting the seats and it would not be that
much more to do all the vinyl as well.

Has any one ever tried successfully to polish out the little scratches that
the "coin" windows sometimes get. It might be faster and easier than
replacing the window, however I would probably need to realign the felt(as I
remember) so it doesn't happen again. I am in the middle of a major
rebuild. Sorry about all the questions, and thanks in advance for any help
offered.

Don Ekhoff
Vin 5014