Re: [DML] Re: Toby TABS

About the TABs.... DO CHECK THEM and often. And get the TOBY's TAB....best
ones available as to the consensus among the DMLers.

I am on my fourth set, for the last six plus years of ownership. The last
set was just installed on the third week in December last year 2002. My
right side bolt had cracked in half and it had failed on me while I was near
my home returning from work at 3 AM in the morning. I hit a bump in the
street of our "great city" of NYC and the wheel assembly shifted. It didn't
collapsed completely so I was able to drive back to my parking garage slowly
to get it towed. I had to towed it from Manhattan, NYC to PJ Grady in Long
Island, NY some 60 miles away. Robs TAB and labor was cheap, but the towing
wasn't. NYC towing fees are $50. for the "hook up," plus $7.00 per mile,
plus 8.25% NYC tax..... do the math..... ouch! That is my third trip on to
PJ Grady via flatbed, triple ouch!!! Another time for those stories.

In the past with the TAB failures on my DeLorean, I would hear the rear end
"clunk" and I was able to get to PJ Grady in time to inspect and change the
bent bolts. This time, I was not that lucky, for I was very busy and Rob was
busy too in having to have my car to be inspected. Several days earlier
before the TAB completely failed, I did manage to get an appointment for the
same Monday for inspection, only to have it completely fail just five hours
before I can drive it to PJ Grady.

What is still sitting dormant in the back of my mind, is that I have driven
over 3,000 miles with the broken TAB. I had traveled on several trips,
including a 2,000 mile round trip from NYC to Nashville, Tennessee in
September and attending the Mid Atlantic Foliage Tour in October last year.
When the clunking and the vibrations started, I thought it may be the
bearings or possible warp rotors and I did had all the wheels checked for
balanced not realizing the TAB bolts were broken in half.

Anyway, I do believe Toby's TAB bolts are the way to go for all the positive
feedback so far and I had plan to get or two sets, one to have Rob replace
the recent ones that was just installed and the other as a spare. Maybe,
Toby's TABs can deal with the horrendous condition of the streets in
NYC......

I had contacted Mr. Tinnerstet several weeks ago to get two sets of Toby's
TABs, but because of the delay in communication on my part, I lost the
opportunity to get my order in time to get the last several sets that were
available. .

So, Toby and Mr. Tinnerstet........ Count me in for your next batch.

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY