Re: A Few Quickies .. and Lights

Robert,
what you're saying about the little white light delay module isn't really
correct.
The little cap inside this tiny module won't keep the ligthts on for more
than 1/10 second !

No, the cap drives a Transistor which itself keeps the current flowing
through the lamps.
As soon as the light shuts off, the cap is recharged within some milli
seconds !

What I have seen so far in this module is, that it is designed really poor.
An extra +12V wire would be necessary to make it work like it should.
The problem is (experienced on my car and some different others), that the
cap is discharged as soon as you open a door. Now open and close the door
rapidly - the light stays on and will dimm down. Keep the door open for more
than 10....20 seconds - the light turns off immediately !
I tried several things so far and also drew the schematic of that thing, but
it turns out that is has to work like it does.

If the light stays on dimmed, than check if both lamps are on. if only one
is on, than there may be some latching effect because there isn't flowing
enough current trough the transistor....if you wanna know more ask me and
I'm, gonna send you the schematic.

For the lights turning on and off - Robert is right, check the switches.

Viva Las Vegas...hey Robert, with all that blinking lights around you, you
really should be an expert....;-)

Elvis & 6548

<SNIP>
> The last question is about the interior lights... I know that they
> are supposed to dim and then turn off when you close the door, mine
> are kind of screwy... they will turn off right away sometimes, or
> other times stay on, other times they dim, Then sometime they turn
> off and turn on while driving! I figure the white relay in the back
> of the passenger seat section is shot....As well the door ajar light in
the
instrument cluster stays on ALL THE TIME!

The delay circuit is controlled by a capacitor, NOT a timer. So you can open
and close the door, and the lights will dim. This is becaus they are now
being