Re: [DML] Re: New Gull-Wing Automobile

Recently, I was at the Detroit Auto Show and saw the Infinity Triant. After
the guy's presentation (which I completely missed), I asked him if the car
had a chance for production or if the doors were going to be used on any
future cars. The answers were that the car would not go to production and
that he does not know about the doors (probably not). The car looked very
good in person. There was a horizontal bar just aft of the door at about
the same height as a normal door handle that when lifted up, the doors
opened and when pressed down, the doors went down. The door moved very
slowly and was powered by either electricity or by hydraulics. There was
absolutely no noise made by the movement. A couple of time his hand slipped
off and the door stopped at that instant. As far as the power supply, there
was an extension cord that came from the floor and plugged into the car to
maintain peak power. FYI.

What I thought was also pretty neat was a Jaguar. They brought a car
(cannot remember the name now) that was all aluminum - the complete outer
skin including bumpers and all. There was no paint, but instead the entire
surface was polished to a mirror - absolutely beautiful!

Sean Howley
VIN#2345