Re: [DML] oozing windshield sealant

I'd be surprised if the glue had oozed out. Perhaps the previous
installer didn't use the right type of glue? I had a similar problem on
my other car, and I brought it to a glass shop. They said that they
could pop out the glass and reseal it for $25, or replace it for $250.
BUT, if the broke during the removal they would have to replace it (for
$250). I asked for the first option, thought I would be able to get away
cheap. I came back the next day, and it had a new windshield, doh! I
asked - "So you coudn't get it out without breaking it?" and they said
"what?" SO I think that they didn't even try.

Any reputable shop should be able to pop out the glass and reseat it
(especially if your glue is oozing). Likewise, I don't think you will be
able to find anyone that will reseal it with the glass still in there.
Be careful where you go to get it fixed, or your might be buying a new
windshield.

Jim
1537