Re: oozing windshield sealant

If you think your windshield (windscreen) is leaking test it with a
water hose. If it leaks in general a repair is not really recommended.
The best course of action is to remove the windscreen, clean
everything and reinstall. I have seen where a windscreen "slid down"
past the 2 little clips on the bottom, leaked at the top and cracked
at the bottom. This should not be attempted by anyone without a lot of
experience, there is a chance of breaking the windscreen and if not
reinstalled correctly it will just leak anyway. In most big cities you
can find a service that will come to you house and do the job in 20
min while you watch. It is also a very messy job if you aren't careful
with the sealant. Should cost somewhere around $100, a lot cheaper
then breaking the thing! While it's out it's a great time to clean up
areas of the car you can't normaly get to.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757