Re: grounding equipment to battery?

In general it is not good practice to hook additional wires directly
to the battery terminals, + or -. You start to get into issues of
corrosion and maintaince, when you remove the battery you may not
notice and hook up any extra wires. The best place to go with
additional grounds would be where things are already grounded to the
frame. If you have a really heavy or "special" thing to ground the
absolute best place would be where the cable from the battery connects
to the frame. Of course all the warnings about clean and tight rule so
when disturbing any ground points make sure everything goes back
together "clean and tight".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757