Re: [DML] How serious of a jump.........???

Re: [DML] How serious of a jump.........???

The Delorean will jump in value to $50k this year. At least, that's what we've heard
every year for the last 20 years, and sooner or later it will be true ("See? I told
ya!").

BUT, I doubt it's happening anytime soon. Which is fine with me, since my car is a
vehicle and not an investment. I think the important difference this year is that the
"high" blue-book value went up, acknowledging the existance and value of Deloreans in
excellent condition. Right now I have over $30k in my car, much of which is
improvements (as opposed to repairs) but there's little chance I could sell it for
anywhere near that number. Good thing it's not for sale. :-)

Someone shopping for their first Delorean should take their time. There's nothing a
seller likes better than an eager buyer. You should look at LOTS of them, even ones
you're not really interested in. And, you should buy the the best one you can afford.
Not the most expensive, mind you, but the best one that meets your criteria.

The owners on the list should probably assemble our purchase tales into an archive.
Until then, we have other useful links...

Basic prepurchase checklist:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/prepurchase.htm

Comprehensive prepurchase checklist:

http://www.usadmc.com/files/report.pdf