How serious of a jump.........???

I always loved the Delorean when I was young (Im 35 years old) but
always had a misconception that a Delorean was a $75000+ automobile....
recently I was shocked to learn that the original price was a shy amount
less than $30K and the current prices in the low teens (and in some
cases less than 10K, but those are usually some major TLC requiring
vehicles).
I am seriously interested in purchasing a Delorean....I have two
at the purchase, or secondly, to take scrape up a loan or something
now... I have been watching the group for a while now and it seems that
the impression I am getting is that the value of the Delorean is about
to jump (something about an auction in January) and also that more and
more of the vehicle I am seeing listed for sale are slowly creeping to
the higher teens... Supply and Demand? What was it: aprox 4000 of the
8500 or so made it to the US?
And believe it or not here in Florida, we seem blessed to have multiple
Deloreans for sale, in fact one is for sale a mere 30 minutes from me
for 11k or maybe 12k or so....think its a 1983.
So any comments, suggestions, or opinions would be welcome.
Thanks.